When transporting a validation rule for a model from one tenant to another, the dimension member details of the validation rule are not transported
SAP Analytics Cloud, all versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Enable Validation Rules on a model
- Create a new validation rule
- Enter the details for the valid dimension member combinations.
- Transport the validation rule to another tenant
- The Rule will be transported, but the contents of the valid member combinations will be empty.
There is no checkbox to select "Data" for the validation rules in the export selector and the default setting is no data selected.
Click on "Data" in the header to select the data for all export objects. Even though there is no "Data" box for the validation rule, this nonetheless has the effect of selecting the data of the rule for export.
When importing the validation rule into your target tenant, select the option "Update existing object" if the validation rule has been previously imported so that it will be overwritten with the member data included.
KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , Problem