When creating/editing a Goal in Latest Goal Management, textarea fields can keep inputting after 1000 characters and the message of "2 characters left" is shown. This happens when using several different languages text other than English_US, for example Chinese or Korean.
- SAP SuccessFactors Career Development Planning
- SAP SuccessFactors Goal Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Keep system language in English
- Go to Latest Goal Management > Development Goals or Performance Goals
- Create new goal
- Find a textarea field, for example "name"
- Type any text in a different language, for example Chinese or Korean
- Keep typing text until it exceeds 1000 characters
- It will exceed 1000 characters and leave the message "2 characters left"
This is a known defect allowing textarea fields to keep inputting after 1000 characters.
This is scheduled to be fixed in the b2211 Release. This release will hit Preview instances on October 14th, 2022 and Production instances on November 18th, 2022. Until then take the following steps to exit the Presentation play mode:
2H-2022, WEF-28493, PTCH-38935, INC2120190, second half release, exceed maxlength, development objective, performance objective, SF, Success Factors , KBA , LOD-SF-CDP-ADM , Admin Tools, Permissions, Settings , LOD-SF-GM-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , Problem