When assigning a customer or supplier account to Customer/Supplier tab of a payment allocation, an error message is raised with reference to an invalid date (e.g. year in the date is 0202 instead of 2020)
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payment Management work center.
- Go to Payment Allocation view.
- Open the respective payment allocation.
- In the Customer/Supplier tab, add the business partner ID.
- In the Open Items table below, you notice that the dates related to the payment line are with the wrong year. For example: 01.02.0202 instead of 01.02.2020
If you try to allocate the amount and save the payment allocation, the following error is raised: 'Date 01.02.0202 not in range of 100 years before today or 100 years after today'.
This date is derived from the Bank Posting Date for the related bank statement item. To check the date, follow below steps:
- From this payment allocation, note the bank statement ID and line item ID.
- Open the respective bank statement in view all mode.
- Go to Transactions tab.
- Select the relevant line item ID.
In the Transaction Data subtab, refer to the Bank Posting Date being 01.02.0202.
If this bank statement was manually created, this date could have been wrongly maintained by the user in the Item Details in the third step of the bank statement creation. If the bank statement was automatically generated, check if the date is also wrongly maintained in the source inbound file.
To fix this date and error, you need to reverse the bank statement and re-create it with the proper dates. You can also reverse only the related bank statement item by marking the payment allocation as a return.
For more details, please refer to the help document "Quick Guide for Payment Allocation" and section Reverse a Payment.
Payment Allocation. Bank Statement. Bank Posting Date. , KBA , SRD-FIN-MOP , Payment Management , How To