Error message occurs when posting goods reciept for EWM relevant inbound delivery which is created referring subcontracting purchase order.
Message no. LB031
Of the required quantity of material &1, &2 remain(s) open
SAP S/4 HANA Cloud System
Reproducing the Issue
- Create subcontracting PO for batch-managed product which has BOM components.
- Create the inbound delivery and distribute it to EWM.
- Go to APP Change Inbound Deliveries, the inbound delivery is blocked because of missing batch.
- Go to detail view and delivery item level, change it as "Edit mode" and Click "Split" for batch split.
- Click "Create Batch" and click "Create" at the pop out screen.
- Save the inbound delivery, click "Goods Reciept" button.
The error message is intended.
If the components are batch managed, the system needs the components batches when posing the goods receipt of the finished product.This is independent from MM or EWM storage locations.
There are 2 options:
- The subcontractor sends an ASN that already contains the component batches. Or when the inbound delivery is created the component batches should be entered manually.
- If the batch numbers is not maintained at the inbound delivery somehow, please specify them in the subcontracting purchase order. This can be done at any point in time.
LB031, subcontracting PO, inbound delivery, goods reciepts, EWM, batch split, create batch , KBA , MM-IM-GR-SCR , Subcontracting at Goods Receipt (Repair) , Problem