The input product quantity on the Bill of Material(BOM) edit screen and the input product quantity checked on the BOM multi-level structure screen are different for BOM1 (where BOM1 is the BOM ID).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Planning and Production Master Data workcenter and Production Bills Of Material view.
2. Find BOM ID : BOM1 and Edit.
3. Go to Input Products tab and note the quantity of input products.
4. Go to Planning and Production Master Data workcenter and Production Bills Of Material view.
5. Find BOM ID : BOM1 and click on Multi-Level Structure.
6. Note the quantities of Input products.
You will see that the quantities in step 3 and step 6 do not match.
In Business configuration for "Quantities and Units of Measure", the number of decimal places visible for each is 2.
Hence, where viewing multi-level structure, the quantity are rounded up according to number of decimals maintained in Business Configuration.
Example: In the BOM, the input products have the quantities 0.0002 each, in Multi-Level Structure, the quantity is displayed as 0.01 each.
(i.e. using excel, roundup(num = 0.0002, decimals = 2) results in 0.01 each
Modifying the decimals allowed in Business Configuration setting to 4 for each will display the exact quantities in multi-level structure.
Quantities and Units of Measure, Business Configuration, Bill of Material, Input Products, BOM , BOM Multi-Level Structure, decimal , KBA , quantities and units of measure , business configuration , bill of material , input products , bom , bom multi-level structure , decimal , AP-PMM-BOM , Production Bill of Material , How To