How to rectify the error "External Role can only be mapped to permissions defined with same external user type!" when trying to save the RBP Role.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manager Permission Roles
- Select the RBP Role affected
- Try to SAVE it
- Particular Role Based Permissions having discrepancy in the Data Models and this needs to be corrected
Steps to identify what permissions that are conflicting with Onboardee Data Model:
- Go to External User Role.
- Duplicate the External User Role and open the same.
- Click on Permissions, deselect every access from all categories and just click on Done (No need to save in role page).
- Whatever permissions still shown after click done by removing all permissions is what having discrepancy.
NOTE: Beneficiary is only an example shown to showcase the troubleshooting steps. In this case, “Is Beneficiary” field has to be fixed.
- We can delete the duplicate External User Role created in Step 2.
Now that the field which is causing the issue has been identified, the following steps are to be followed to resolve the issue:
- Go to "Manage Business Configuration UI"
- Enable fields listed in Step 4 under onboardee data model of respective entity because they are enabled in Succession Data Model but disabled in Onboardee Data Model.
External Role can only be mapped to permissions defined with same external user type!, External User Role, Manage Permission Role , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-ODM , Data Model , Bug Filed