- XSA enable hangs indefinitely and will not give back the prompt
- xsuaaserver remains in 'STARTING' state
- No errors are reported in xsuaaserver.out nor xsuaaserver_0.log
- Linux system log /var/log/messages is also not showing any operating system related problems for the UAA server
- Command 'cat /dev/random' only returns a few characters and not a continuous stream
- Command 'cat /sbin/sysctl kernel.random.entropy_avail' gives back a number less than 1000
- strace of the catalina process shows the following errors
4431 12:20:51 futex(0x7faa5c28d628, FUTEX_WAKE_PRIVATE, 1) = 0
- Full thread dump of tomcat with jstack shows the following
"main" #1 prio=5 os_prio=0 cpu=1293.24ms elapsed=1850.15s allocated=70273K defined_classes=3644 tid=0x00007faa5c03b800 nid=0x1132 runnable [0x00007faa6260f000]
xsuaaserver_0.log contains only these lines after XSA enable was issued and xsuaaserver stays in 'STARTING'
08-Mar-2022 15:39:05.372 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Server version name: Apache Tomcat 8.5.x-dev
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP3
- Linux kernel 5.3.18-150300.59.49-default
- XSA Runtime Patch 124
- Apache Tomcat 8.5
- SAP HANA 2.0
XSA, xsauaaserverpityko, tomcat, hanging, https, /dev/random, /dev/urandom, SLES15, ETIMEDOUT (Connection timed out), LinuxSocketOptions.java:98, https-jsse-nio-127.0.0.1-30031, FUTEX_WAIT_BITSET_PRIVATE , KBA , BC-XS-RT , OP Runtime / XS Controller , BC-XS-SEC , UAA and Security for HANA XSA engine , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.