When you try to release the Invoice , you will get the error "Tax Exemption Certificate is not Usable" and "Save Failed"
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to Invoice Documents View.
- Search for the Customer Invoice ABC (ABC is the ID Customer Invoice which you have created and used the Tax Exemption Certificate).
- Edit the Customer Invoice ABC.
- You can see that the Free Text line item Total is 50k EUR.
- When you try to release the Invoice, you will get the error "Tax Exemption Certificate is not Usable" and "Save Failed".
- As a result the Invoice is not released.
You are using free text line item in the Customer invoice.
We do not support Tax exemption certificates for free text line items.
This is expected system behavior.
Certificate is not Usable; Tax Exemption; Certificate; , KBA , SRD-CRM-INV , Customer Invoicing , How To