You want to update an already created Serial Number Profile with a Serial Number Requirement ('A-For document item' or 'C- On Stock Level').
SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Missing some steps to set up the Warehouse Serialization Settings for the respective Serial Number Profile.
The first step required for this configuration is to make sure that the serial number profile that you intend to change is not already assigned to any materials. If your serial number profile is assigned to a material, the stock for the material in the warehouse must be removed and all open delivery items with the material must be completed or canceled. If the serial number profile is to be changed from "non-serialized" to "A" (document item level), or from "A" to "non-serialized", it is not absolutely necessary to remove the stock; however, we recommend that you ensure that there are no open deliveries that use the material. In all other cases, you must remove all existing stock from the warehouse.
Making sure of the steps above, you can safely proceed to the next steps:
- You will need to go to the Manage your Solution App.
- Search for the Configuration 'Define Serial Number Profiles'.
- Select the serial number profile you want to enhance.
- Choose 'Warehouse Serialization Settings' tab.
- Create a new entry using 'New Entries' button.
- Select Numbering if you do not use a number range interval but want to use automatic serial number assignment (optional).
- Select a serial number requirement: Option A: For Document Level or Option C: On Stock Level.
- Enter an integral (whole number) unit of measure (usually piece (pc)) for which serialization is to be carried out (optional). The unit of measure must be entered as the base unit of measure in the material master data for the material to which you want to assign this serial number profile.
With that you are going to have the Ser. No. Reqmt maintained for the Serial Number profile you want to update.
serial number profile, on stock level, document level, warehouse serialization settings, define serial number profiles, ser. no. reqmt, base unit, serial number requirement. , KBA , SCM-EWM-DLP-BF-SN , Serialnummernverarbeitung , How To