Onboarding Email Services Master KBA
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Email notifications are an integral part of the onboarding process that help channel vital information to onboarding participants, for reference or action or both.
- Multiple email templates might be triggering for the same trigger and email of the recipient(mostly manager) is not maintained in the Employee File for them. Make sure valid emails are maintained in the Employee Profile of all the recipients for all the templates.
- Multiple email templates might be triggering for the same trigger and email of the recipient(mostly manager) is unsubscribed. For the manager of the new hire, the Email Notifications are not enabled/unsubscribed under Change User Email Notifications setting. There might be a case where multiple active profiles for the new hire's manager exists in the system and for all of them same email ID is maintained. For one of the profile the emails are unsubscribed in this setting which could cause this issue.
2. Welcome Message Email Not Triggered to any of the New Hires
Check the initial configurations from Onboarding end as per the below KBA-
The issue observed mostly is that the Onboarding emails are not being sent to a particular domain. Kindly create an internal ticket to Platform team for DKIM and SPF configuration details as mentioned in the below KBA-
NOTE: Component to be used for this issue LOD-SF-PLT-NOT to be reported to SAP Support
3. Need emails to be sent post Personal Data Collection or at trigger points other than the standard email templates available.
Custom Triggers and Custom Categories are not supported in Onboarding Emails
4. Restart Reason needs to be sent in the Restart email template
Custom tokens are not supported in Onboarding Emails and only the pre-delivered tokens can be included in emails.
5. Password reset link is getting redirected to SSO despite clicking on the link for the first time and not having reset their password in the past.
7. Username is no longer populating Username Field automatically when using login URL
Username is not available in Login page by default post 1H 2022 release. Please refer the below KBA for this information-
8. Email Services is Missing in Admin center or Not loading
Incorrect configuration and missing permissions-
Implementation Guide Link:
Email Services, e-mails, E-Mails, Email status, Categories, triggers, links, URL , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-EML , Notifications , How To