You get the warning "value XYZ column Inventory ID will be truncated; edit source value" when you migrate fixed asset. And you notict the inventory ID you input in the migration template is within the field length mentioned in Field List.
In the migration template, it is mentioned the field length of Inventory ID is 60(25).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work centern and Overview view.
- Search and open Migration of Accounting Transaction Data activity.
- Select option:Migration of Accounting Transaction Data using the migration tool.
- Select the respective migration file of fixed asset.
- Select Fixed Assets-> Process file.
- Execute migration step by step, and warning occurs during simulation.
However, in the migration template, it is mentioned the field length of Inventory ID is 60(25), and the Inventory ID in the file is within length of 60 characters.
The field allows 60 characters in database, but the fixed asset UI screens are limited to 25, so the migration template is limited in the same way. That's why you get the warning that the value you input for Inventory ID will be truncated.
It is the UI design of fixed asset. Please keep the characters within 25.
Inventory ID, Fixed Asset Migration, Field Length, Truncated , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To