- ASE shuts down after the audit process receives multiple 1204 or 1105 errors (or any other fatal error) and causes an audit process exception and terminate.
For example, when any of these errors are reported for the audit process process:
- Error: 1105, Severity: 17, State: 4
Can't allocate space for object 'syslogs' in database 'sybsecurity' because 'logsegment' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE to increase the size of the segment.
***** audproc: ERROR: An attempt to insert an audit record into sysaudits has failed. *****
- Error: 1204, Severity: 17, State: 1
ASE has run out of LOCKS. Re-run your command when there are fewer active users, or contact a user with System Administrator (SA) role to reconfigure ASE with more LOCKS.
- AUDIT PROCESS EXCEPTION: error 1204, severity 17, state 1
and followed the messages:
***** audproc: THE AUDIT PROCESS IS TERMINATING. *****
***** audproc: WARNING: AUDITING IS NOT ENABLED. *****
- Under rare circumstances, ASE may shut down implicitly when the audit process is terminated:
shutdownproc: shutting down server
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, CR826383, CR#826383, 826383 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.