You get the error "Cannot change cost rate of service XYZ; it was used in valuation after DD.MM.YYYY" when you update the cost rate of the service. (XYZ stands for the service ID, while DD.MM.YYYY stands for the valid from date of the cost rate.)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Cost and Revenue work center and Services view.
- Edit service XYZ.
- Go to Valuation tab, and Edit Cost Rate.
- Update the cost rate with valid from date as DD.MM.YYYY.
- Press Enter, then you get the error.
The error occurs as there are postings for this service after DD. MM. YYYY.
This can be viewed via the G/L Account - Line Items report.
- Go to General Ledger work center and Reports view.
- Open report G/L Account - Line Items report.
- Input company, set of book, and Journal Entry Type as Internal Service Confirmation.
- Run the report.
- Add field "Service (Product)" and filter with service XYZ, then you can get the postings.
If you have to change the cost rate with the validity from DD.MM.YYYY, the postings after the date need to be reversed to allow this.
Service Cost Rate, Valuation , KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , Problem