You have two OVS (Object Value Selector - which are fields where upon clicking you have a pop up coming up where you can search and select values) fields in a given quick create screen (e.g. Ticket QC) and when you fill in one of the fields with invalid value it throws an error, but if you jump to the second OVS field without resolving the error of the first, the system allows you to save the new object with invalid value of the first OVS field.
SAP Cloud For Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Start to create an object (can be any object in the system like Tickets, Opportunities, Accounts, etc.).
- Fill in some invalid data on OVS field ABC (where ABC can be any field of OVS type).
- Application will validate the field value as invalid and message will show up.
- Ignore the message and leave the invalid value in the field.
- Go to a second OVS field DEF (where DEF is any other field of OVS type).
- Type come correct value there.
- Click to Save the new object.
- The invalid of the field ABC is saved even though it is invalid.
OVS fields values are validated individually and one at a time. If you don't resolve the error of the first OVS and jumps to a second, the previous validation is no longer triggered. This is how the UI framework works.
You must always resolve the error of the first OVS field before jumping to a different OVS field. So to prevent the issue do as following:
- If invalid value is triggered on a first OVS correct it immediately.
- After making sure the first OVS is filled correctly you can fill in the next OVS field.
This is a behavior due to the UI framework and can't be changed.
OVS; Object Value Selector; Invalid Value; Values; Validation; Save; Saved; Error; Ignored; , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-RT , UI Framework Runtime , How To