The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning (SAC):
- A user has the Maintain permission of the data locking. However, this user cannot change the data lock state.
- If you set this user as the data locking owner of one member, the user can change the data locking state of that member.
- Alternatively, if you give this user the Update permission of the data locking (which requires the planning professional license), this user can change the data lock state of any data region.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2022.8.17
- When the ownership is OFF for all driving the dimensions, the users with only Read/Maintain cannot change the data locks. This is expected. The reason is that if you do not enable ownership, it is assumed that only power users would have the right to change locks, and this meets the requirements of some customers.
- When the ownership is enabled for one or more driving dimensions, it is expected that for being able to change a data lock, a user needs to "own" (or to be a "manager" of) that slice.
There are two exceptions of this rule:
- ADMIN users can set freely locks
- The so-called "data locking super user" can also set freely locks. A user becomes a "super user" if in addition to the Maintain privilege, it also has Update rights. However, Update privileges can be only set for users having a planning professional license.
That is, if nobody is set as owning anything, no user with a "planning standard" license will be able to set locks.
This works as designed.
The workaround is to create a Team, add all the users to this team and then add this team as an owner of the highest node of those driving dimensions that have the ownership enabled (one driving dimension with ownership enabled should be sufficient).
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Sac, Acquisition, Model, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, data locks, status, open, restricted, locked, admin, modeler, reporter , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL-DLK , Data Locking , Problem