A logistics area has been maintained with logistics use "Not Relevant for Planning", but in the Stock and Demand View of a production order, you find that the inventory in this logistics area is still considered available as input product.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Production Control - Production Orders
- Search ABC (ABC represents the production order ID), click Edit
- Click button Stock and Demand Overview
- In the pop-up window, for input product XYZ (XYZ represents the product ID), there is a positive on hand stock and free stock.
- In Stock Overview, search product XYZ, there is only one on-hand stock in logistics area LA_1 (LA_1 represents the logistics area ID).
- Open logistics area LA_1, it has logistics use "Not Relevant for Planning".
Though logistics area LA_1 has been maintained with logistics use "Not Relevant for Planning", its on-hand stock can still be used as input product in production, this is because a company might still be interested to use remaining stock of such logistics area for sales or production.
System standard behavior
Production, Stock and Demand Overview, Not Relevant for Planning , KBA , AP-PE-ORD , Production Order , Problem