You have made changes to the Input Product in a Production BoM and when you do 'Assign Line item Group to Activity' in the corresponding Production Model, the system is assigning an extra line of empty Input Material.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Planning and Production Master Data work center.
- Go to the Production Models view.
- Find and select the relevant Production Model.
- Click the Edit button.
- Go to the Bill of Operations tab and then to the Product Assignment sub-tab.
- Click Actions and select Expand All.
- You can see under the Produce Activity for each of the Material assigned, there is a line of Input Material without any information.
- If you check the corresponding Production BoM, you can see under Item Changes that there are indeed 2 Lines where one of them is assigned to Variant 1 for all Line Item Group ID. This is also what is reflected in the Production Model.
- The Production Models are not inconsistent.
- If you see the change states for the particular line items in the Production BoM or the Products in Product assignment, you will see that it has multiple change states associated to it and that is how it shows up for products with multiple change states. It is the expected functionality.
- Production should not ideally stop for this reason.
System is working as designed.
Item Changes, Production Model, Assign Line item Group to Activity, empty input Material, Produce Activity , KBA , AP-PMM-PM , Production Model , AP-PMM-BOT , Bill of Operation Template , Problem