- The employer wants to have the capability to cancel the onboarding process with a reason saying the documents were not provided by the candidate during the process of section 2 of the I-9 form, the way Onboarding 1.0 works.
- The client wants to terminate the candidate who does not provide their I-9 documents within three business days from their start date.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Onboarding 1.0 and 2.0 are indeed both onboarding modules, however, they are configured completely different from each other.
More comparisons are below:
- If a candidate has not provided his/her documents within 3 business days, the system prompts the manager with a message shown below:
- If the manager has selected ‘Terminate the New Hire’s Employment’, the Onboarding Activity of the candidate will be automatically deleted from the system.
- On the other hand, if the candidate has only provided a receipt and the manager confirms it was a receipt, an I9 3 business days activity is created for the candidate.
- If candidate has not provided his/her documents within 3 business days, the system prompts the manager with a message shown below:
- If the manager/employer decides not to continue the hiring process for the candidate, there is no option prompted just like in Onboarding 1.0 to terminate the candidate’s employment. Instead, the manager can cancel the onboarding process via Onboarding Dashboard >> Actions Tab.
- If the candidate has provided a receipt, Onboarding 2.0 has the I9 Receipt process, and the manager has the option to continue hiring the candidate provided the reason for the delays.
This is how the Onboarding 2.0 system is currently designed as we have no automatic cancellation of the onboarding process the way Onboarding 1.0 has.
If this is deemed necessary for the business, please submit an enhancement request so the Product Management Team can analyze the impact, and see whether it is possible for future releases.
72Hour, I-9, I9 3 Business Days, 3 Business Days, I9, Cancel onboarding, documents, Form, Compliance, Onboarding 1.0, Onboarding 2.0, OBX, ONB2, ONB2.0 , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-FRM , Compliance 2.0 Country Forms , LOD-SF-OBX-PFE , BPE Process Flow Error Handling , Problem