You create several split items for an open payment of supplier XYZ (XYZ represents the supplier ID)*. You maintain a different Net Due Date for each split item.
When checking any of the Accounts Payable related reports, for example Accounts Payable - Open Items (for a payable open item), you notice that the same net due date is displayed for the different split items.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
To check the split items in the Supplier Account Monitor:
- In the Payables workcenter go to the Supplier Accounts view.
- Find supplier XYZ and press View to open the supplier account monitor.
- In the Trade Payable - Invoices/Payments tab you find the different split items of incoming payment ABC (ABC represents the incoming payment ID).
- Take note of the different Net Due Dates of the split items, for example 01.02.YYYY, 01.03.YYYY, 01.04.YYYYY.
To check the split items in the Accounts Payable report:
- In the Payables workcenter go to the Reports view.
- Find for example the Accounts Payable -Open items report.
- Find the split items of payment ABC (Journal entry type Repost/Split of Open Items.
- Add the Net Due Date attribute.
- You notice that each document shows the net due date of the first split item, here 01.02.YYYY.
The Net Due Date of open items is derived from a documents full payment end date. For open split items of type payment the Net Due Date attribute in reports is derived from the original payments full payment end date (its net due date). If the original open item is not of type payment, but for example of type invoice, then the full payment end date is derived individually from each split item so that their net due date appears in the report as maintained in the supplier account monitor.
This is expected system behaviour.
*The same behaviour can be observed for open receivable items of type payment.
split items net due date; net due date wrong open items. , KBA , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , Problem