- Configured a Warning validation rule, it does not execute when final approver approves this workflow.
- What kind of business rules will execute when approver approves MDF workflow?
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Metadata Framework (MDF)
To understand MDF business rule scenarios, please kindly refer to:
Regarding approver approves MDF workflow what kind of business rule will execute, it is based on:
- approver type
- whether approver will do inflight changes when approving this workflow (update workflow content)
If approver is middle step approver:
- middle step approver does not do inflight changes, only simple click "approve" button to approve the workflow - None Rule will be executed.
- middle step approver did inflight changes on the workflow - Validate Rule (INFO, Warning & Error), Save Rule, and Workflow Rule (if the workflow is configured as ‘edit with route change’)will be executed.
If approver is final step approver:
- final step approver only simple click "approve" button or did inflight changes on the workflow - Validate Rule, Save Rule, Workflow Rule (if the workflow is configured as ‘edit with route change’ ) will be executed, Warning Validation Rule wont be triggered, this is by design.
metadata framework, MDF, workflow, approver, final approver, middle approver, inflight change, business rule, warning, error , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-WFL , Custom Object based Workflows , How To