- Creating employees with app "Import Employees", you get the error message: "You are not authorized to display users". But the employee has been created.
- Jump to app "Maintain Business User" to create user, get the error message: "User CB** is protected against recreation".
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create employee
- You create employees from the app "Import Employees", and upload the CSV file with employee and employment data.
- The interface will jump to the Application Logs.
- You can get the following error message.
- Work assignment created for workforce person with external person ID XXXXXX.
- Data for workforce person with external person ID XXXXXX has been processed.
- Business partner 998xxxxxxx was created.
- You are not authorized to display users.
- Employment 5000xxxx successfully changed.
- Create business user
- Access app "Maintain Business User", and click the "New" button.
- Find the new employee, and choose it.
- There will be a popup: "Create new user for xxxxxx".
- Click "OK", the interface will jump to setting page.
- Confirm your setting and click the save/cancel to finish the creating.
- Get the error: "User CB** is protected against recreation".
The cause of the error message "You are not authorized to display users" is your user roles missing a business catalog "SAP_CORE_BC_IAM_UMD".
That means the user you want to create has been deleted before. When you have the "User Management of Deleted Users" role, you can re-create the user.
- Please assign the Business Roles which contains catalog SAP_CORE_BC_IAM_UMD to the corresponding user, and you will get authorization to see the deleted business users.
- Access app "Maintain Deleted Business Users". You will see listed users who have already been deleted.
- Select the business user you want to re-create.
- Click "Allow Re-creation".
- You can back to "Import Employee"/"Maintain business user" to create again.
KBA 2915078 - IBP User CBXXX is protected against recreation
delete, Import Employee, against recreation, recreate, re-activate, reactivate , KBA , CA-WFD-INT , Integration issues WorkForce Domain , Problem