We want to send Event Reason from RCM to Onboarding
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Create a new Picklist for all Event Reason be mindful that the ID and label has to match Employee Central.
- Navigate to Add New Hire to Onboarding
- Take a look at the drop-down list for Event Reason and take note of all the event you want to add in your Picklist
- Navigate to Picklist Centre
- Click on the + button to create a new Picklist
- Enter the code (no space)
- Then enter the Name you can use a space
- Click save once completed
- You must take note of Event Reason code because you will need it for the Requisition Template
- Once you create the Picklist, you must enter each event reason individually
- Click on the + button within the picklist
- Enter the External Code (Event Reason ID)
- Enter the Name (Event Reason Label)
- You can also locate that information in Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures
- Event Reason > New Hire
- Codes can be different, but the must match the Picklist
- When the Picklist is finished it should like this
Next, we need to create a custom field in the desired Requisition template so that it will be available in for mapping in the Recruit-to-Hire mapping tool
- Navigate to Provisioning
- under Managing Recruiting
- Click Import/Update/Export Job Requisition Template
- Export the requisition template you which to use for this example we will use Standard Job Requisition
- Because we want to use a Picklist field, we're going to find Picklist in the template so that we can copy the section and populate it with our data.
- For example, we have found this section now we will copy this into a line of it's own and edit the data to remove and keep what we want.
- Once copied to a new line we will change id, if we want it required we must set to true, custom also must be true.
- The Picklist ID you took note of in step 8 you must enter it now in the picklist-id tag
- Localize as you wish
- If you do not want it other locales you can strip it down to this
- Now that you have added to field to the Requisition Template you must give permission in the template for the field to be visible to the Recruiter and Hiring Manager.
- Enter id into this code <field refid="eventReason"/>
- Paste it in the Read and write section of the different roles example Admin role (J),
- Hiring Manager Role (G, GM+, GM)
- You need to also grant access for the Recruiter, and all other users you want to see this field on the job requisition.
- Once the field becomes visible in the requisition
- Navigate to Recruit-to-Hire Data Mapping tool
- JobInfo section
- Map event-reason field to the custom field you created in RCM
- In Recruiting in the Requisition you can select the value for event reason
- Add a new candidate to that requisition to test
- Initiate Onboarding
- Proxy as Hiring Manager
- Open the New Hire Data Review
- This is just an example which has been tested in our Demo and it works.
- You may want to add the event reason to the offer template that would work also
- This KBA is to be used as an example
- Support reserves the right to close any cases that come in regards to these config because it would be consulting.
- You can use our partner community to ask any questions or assistance
Event Reason, Mapping, RCM, Internal Hire, Crossboarding, New Hire Data Review, Recruit to Hire Mapping , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-RCM , Integration RCM , How To