- When creating Variance calculation in a chart using the "Add Variance" feature in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) it will use the format of (A-B)/B*100.
- Although as can be seen in following blog post it's possible to create custom variance calculation with the use of restricted measures, it's not possible using the "Add Variance" feature.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.8.17
Reproducing the Issue
- Select desired chart to create custom variance calculation.
- Use the 3 dots on the right side of "Chart Structure" to "Add Variance".
- See that it's not possible to customize the calculation formula.
- Currently it's not possible to customize the Variance calculation in SAC when using the "Add Variance" feature.
- It's only possible by creating restricted measures.
- Influence request was made to allow easier customization of variance calculation.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAC custom variance calculation, variance, variances, add variance, add variances , restricted measure variance calculation, custom variance, custom variance calculation, custom variance analysis, variance analysis , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Product Enhancement