- You are using the Outlook add-on to create tickets
- If an e-mail that arrived, for example, yesterday, is used to create a new ticket, when looking at the time line, the interaction will display today's date instead
- Your expectation is for the Interaction Date, to be that of the original e-mail arriving
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Cloud for Service
Reproducing the Issue
- Opened the related mail and created the ticket (ABC123) using the Outlook add-on.
- Click the Save
- Go to Services -> Tickets and open ticket ABC123
- Go to the Timeline and notice that the mail date is showing the current date not the date this mail has been sent.
- For example, let's assume the original mail was sent to on 01.08.2022 and the current date is 15.08.2022,
- the user would see the Interaction Date as 15.08.2022, yet the expectation for the customer is to see the date the e-mail was sent/originally received.
System is working as designed
- In both the Time View and List View, the CreationDateTime of the interaction would be displayed, and not the date/time of the e-mail sent on.
- To C4C, this is correct, since it is the date/time the Interaction was created in C4C.
- When a user creates a ticket via the Outlook add-on, the ticket creation interaction is not based on the date and time of the original e-mail but on the date and time when the ticket was created using the add-on.
- The original date of the e-mail sent could be seen in the:
- Overview -> Last Customer Interaction field, or
- Clicking the three dots (from the Interaction), and going to "View Details" -> "Sent On"
- An alternative option may be to check the SAP Cloud for Customer Influence Site to submit an idea.
2865953 - Ticket Interaction Timeline Control Date Format
E-mail, sent on, created on, difference of dates, Outlook, Add-on, , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , Problem