The system displays above error message when you try to perform a logistics posting like Post Goods Issue or confirm a pick task.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
We will take the example of Post Goods Issue to explain the steps.
- Outbound Logistics - Delivery Proposals
- Select a delivery proposal, click Post Goods Issue
- In the screen "Create Outbound Delivery and Goods Issue", enter a date over 6 months ago in Shipment Date, maintain other necessary fields, click Save and Close, error triggered:
"Transaction date must not be in the past
In Business ByDesign there is a restriction set up that you will not be allowed to make inventory postings beyond six months in the past. This restriction is done to make sure that all logistics postings are completed within six months. Since there could be genuine reasons where the end users are not able to complete their inventory postings within six months, we have provided an option to enable postings beyond six months in the past. This can be set up in the Business Configuration of your Implementation Projects.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center. Search for the relevant implementation project and choose the Edit Project Scope button.
- Navigate to the Scoping section, expand Manufacturing, Warehousing, and Logistics > Inventory Management, ensure Inventory Postings is selected
- Move to the Questions section and expand the scoping element Manufacturing, Warehousing and Logistics, under Inventory Management select Inventory Postings.
- Select the question Do you want to extend the posting period beyond 6 months?
Once above question is selected and updated to the implementation project you will be able to make inventory postings beyond six months in the past.
Transaction Date, Past, Shipment Date , KBA , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , Problem