- When Optimized View Mode is enabled, using a Hierarchy Dimension, it is not possible to type values into the search bar of an Input Control.
- This behavior appears in case of SAP Business Warehouse (BW) live data models.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2022.15.7
- SAP Business Warehouse
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Story and add an Input Control
- Click the filter, choose the Data Source, and add a Hierarchy Dimension
- Try to type anything into the search bar of the filter
Note that it is not possible
In Optimized View mode, search for Business Warehouse (BW) hierarchy filter is disabled.
Search can not be performed due to the backend limitation.
This is a known limitation due to BW backend restriction.
Please submit an enhancement request or vote in customer influence portal following this KBA: 2424376
- Searching in Filters and Input Controls (Specifics for SAP BW)
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Story, Input Control, Filter, Search Bar, Search into Filter, Hierarchy, Hierarchical, Dimension. , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem
SAP Analytics Cloud 1.0