When creating a new connection or modifying an existing one to SAP Universe, the following error occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- "A bad request was made to the SAP Analytics Cloud agent."
Catalina logs show:
- "Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.commoncryptolib.provider.SAPJCE"
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2022.8.17
Reproducing the Issue
- Edit the connection based on SAP Universe.
- Enter Username and password.
- Save this connection and check the error message.
This issue is related to a missing "sapcommoncrypto" library in the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
To fixe the issue please try to follow these manual steps :
In the base directory of the Cloud Agent Simple Deployment Kit ZIP, retrieve the files under "win64_x64".
Extract the contents of the directory "tp.sap.cryptolib", and place it under the Apache Tomcat installation folder in the path, for example "tomcat9\lib\". The contents should all reside directly under the indicated directory, for example "tomcat9\lib\sapcrypto.dll", along with the rest of the corresponding files.
To configure Tomcat, navigate to the tools subfolder of the Cloud Agent Kit installation (e.g. \SAP\SACAgentKit\tools) and run the editTomcatServiceConfig script "editTomcatServiceConfig.bat".
On running the script, click on the "Java" tab. You will enter a line of configuration under "Java Options:".
Set the -Djava.library.path to where the "tp.sap.cryptolib" files are located.
Add -Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files\SAP\SACAgentKit\tomcat9\lib.
Restart your Cloud agent / Tomcat.
If you are having trouble connecting to SAP Universe after following the above steps, try omitting the step of setting -Djava.library.path to where the "tp.sap.cryptolib" files are located, while following everything else.
Please also ensure that the system user has access to the location where the cryptolib files are located.
Ensure that the directory in which the cryptolib files are placed, e.g "tomcat9\lib\", has no security measures or protections which would prohibit Tomcat from accesing the necessary files.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, sap analyst cloud, https://hcs.cloud.sap, https://hanacloudservices.cloud.sap, https://cloudanalytics.accounts.ondemand.com, https://hanacloudservices-us.accounts.ondemand.com, https://www.sap.com, https://help.sap.com, predictive analytics (analysis), data analysis (analytics) tools, analytics tools, sap analytics cloud, data literacy, advanced analytics, data democratization, analytics software, real time analytics, self service analytics, advanced data analytics, analytics as a service, analytics cloud / cloud analytics, saas analytics, cloud bi, enterprise planning, cloud data analytics, cloud based analytics, analytics cloud platform, modern analytics, real time analysis, cloud analytics solution(s), what is sap analytics cloud, cloud analytics tools, analytics in the cloud, cloud analytics software , KBA , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , Problem