You have confirmed a check task with scrap quantity, however, under tab Confirmation, Open Quantity in Reporting Point Details is different from the Open Quantity in sub tab Output Products - General.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Production Control - Task Control
- Search check task ABC (ABC represents task ID), click confirm
- Under tab Inspection, maintain Inspected Quantity as N1, Nonconforming Units as N2 (N1 + N2 = Planned Quantity of output product N3)
- Click Finish Results Recording
- Under tab Confirmation, in the block "Reporting Point Details", N1 is proposed as Confirmed Quantity, N2 is proposed as Confirmed Scrap
- Click Save
- Now, in the block "Reporting Point Details", Total Confirmed Quantity is N1, Total Confirmed Scrap is N2 while Open Quantity is zero
- In the below select tab Output Products - General, Total Confirmed Quantity is N1 while Open Quantity is N2 (because Planned Quantity of output product N3 - N1 = N2)
You wonder why two open quantities are different.
The quantities in Reporting Point Details refers to the 'open qty' on the task level, whereas the product section refers to the open qty at planning level (Production Order).
The production order was created with planning qty N3. If the confirmed qty does not equal the planned qty, the open qty will be total planned qty minus total confirmed qty (N3 - N1) until the confirmation finished indicator is set on check task.
If the confirmation finished indicator is set to true, the production order qty are updated and the open qty will be in sync.
This is the system standard behavior.
Production, Check Task, Open Quantity , KBA , AP-PE-TSK , Production Task , Problem