You cannot find the field 'Allocated Budget' (in tab Financing Sources of any Project) in the Migration of Projects template.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Search for Migration of Projects.
- Open it.
- Click in link: Migrate projects using the migration tool.
- Click in You Can Also button and select Download Migration Template.
- Open the downloaded Excel template.
- Unhide the Sheet Financing Sources.
You can see that there is no field as Allocated Budget.
The field 'Allocated Budget' is intentionally not available in the Migration of Projects template. That's because the costs for each project task have to be calculated. When the costs are known, then the budget can be allocated to the project task.
When entering Project data in the Migration template, in general the costs are not known. The system calculates the costs of a task when the project is created based on the assigned work packages, materials and expenses. The system also determines the currency of the Allocated Budget amount automatically. So there is no need to fill this information in the Migration template.
Currently the process is working as below:
- Firstly create the Project from the Migration template.
- Check the calculated costs.
- Allocate the budget.
- Finally release the Project.
This is the currently system behavior.
Migration template; Project; Allocated Budget , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To