You are trying to post a Goods and Services Receipt and find that there is a delay in generation of its journal entry.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Goods and Services Receipts work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders to Be Delivered - Show by Documents view.
- Search for Purchase Order AAA (AAA represents the purchase order ID).
- Create new Goods and Service Receipt.
- Press Post.
- You can see that the Goods and Service Receipt document has status Released but no Journal Entry got created.
- You wait for five to ten minutes until the Journal Entry is finally created.
This is a known issue and we are working on improving the functionality to send the goods receipt to accounting as soon as it got released.
Currently, please refer to the workarounds below to generate the posting.
- Close the purchase order and then post the goods and services receipt.
- Save the goods and services receipt first, then press Post.
There will be no delay this way and the relevant journal entry is created immediately.
*Please note, to ensure swift performance we recommend to create goods receipts with less or up to 100 line items.
post goods and service receipt no journal entry , KBA , AP-ACC-AD , Accounting Document , Problem
SAP Business ByDesign all versions