As mentioned in the Note 212286 - Overview Note: Valuation for goods movements - the Stock Posting for Materials controlled by Standard Price is made according to two different formulas:
- When the stocks are received, the goods are valuated according to the standard price and the price unit:
BSX = (standard price * quantity) / price unit.
- When the stocks are withdrawn, the goods are valuated according to the current stock and value situation:
BSX = (total value of the stock * quantity) / total valuated stock.
It is not clear why these two different formulas are used and it needs to be clarified why the first formula for the standard price is not used in both scenarios.
- Materials Management (MM)
- SAP ERP Central Component
- SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP, version for SAP HANA
- SAP S/4HANA
KBA , MM-IM-GF-VAL , Goods Movement Valuation , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.