How to set the read-only access to CBO for some of the users
There could be a requirement to give read-only access to the CBO data to some of the users.
From SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208, it is possible to manage the data access to CBO.
- Activate the checkbox Data Access Management for the CBO
- Publish the CBO, the system does not only generate the app for business users, but an additional Custom Business Object Audit app which references the user interface of the custom business object in read-only mode.
- Open the Custom Catalog Extensions app.
- Search for *CustomBusinessObjectName*_SCBA.
- Select the app and add a business catalog.
- Publish your changes. Now, a user who has the business role assigned to which the catalog belongs has read-access to all data records.
For more information, please check: Managing Data Access
Note: 1. *CustomBusinessObjectName*_SCBA and *CustomBusinessObjectName*_SCBO cannot be assigned to the same business catalog and to the same user, that won't work.
2. For the read only option *CustomBusinessObjectName*_SCBA, the buttons will not be disabled, but when the user tries to add a new instance of the CBO, an error message will pop up.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud, CBO, access, read-only, Custom Business Object, Audit, SCBA , KBA , BC-SRV-APS-EXT-BO , Custom Tables and Nodes , Problem