You execute the revenue recognition run. It finishes with the error message "A mix of different merge method codes is not supported" for a customer return item.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center.
- Go to the Periodic Tasks - Revenue Recognition view
- Find and open the related run.
- Go to the Messages tab. The error "Doc. item XYZ/XYZ-XX: A mix of different merge method codes is not supported" appears (XYZ/XYZ-10 represents the customer return and customer return item ID).
Customer return item XYZ-XX is connected to sales order item ABC-AA. The accrual method of the sales order item ABC-AA is different to the accrual method assigned to the customer return item (ABC-AA represents the sales order item ID):
- In the Sales Document Items view of the Cost and Revenue workcenter select Customer Return items.
- Find item XYZ-XX.
- Navigate to the Accounting Data tab.
- Take note of the assigned accrual method.
- Also identify the connected sales order item ABC-AA in the Leading Sales Document item collumn.
- Now select the Sales Order items and find item ABC-AA.
- Again, navigate to the Accounting data tab.
- You'll notice, the accrual method assigned is different to the accrual method of customer return item XYZ-XX.
When sales document items are connected to a leading sales document item then all the involved sales document items must be assigned to the same accrual method.
Therefore, either assign the sales order item accrual method to the customer return item or assign the accrual method of the customer return item to the sales order item.
A mix of different merge method codes is not supported, customer return item , KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , Problem