When you are trying to add a Time Recording for a specific user in the Project where the Organizational Unit is assigned. You receive an error message 'Time recording not permitted for project ABC; XYZ is not part of the team' (where ABC represent the project name and ID and XYZ represent the username).
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Time Administration work center.
- Go to Employees view.
- Search for the relevant user and open it.
- Navigate to Employee Times.
- Click Add Row and fill out the relevant information.
- Click Save.
See the error message 'Time recording not permitted for project ABC; XYZ is not part of the team' (where ABC represent the project name and ID and XYZ represent the username).
Missing function in Org Unit.
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Go to Org Structures view.
- Click on Find button.
- Search for the Relevant Org Unit.
- Click on Locate.
- Click on Edit
- Click on the sub-tab Functions.
- Select the Functions of this Org Unit.
Click on Save and Close.
Now you should be able to submit Time Recordings for the employee.
Time Recording, Project, Org Unit, Organizational Management, Function , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To