When using the 'Delete Candidate' tool, you can only search using the candidate's first name and/or Last name. A list of candidates populates with all the candidates in the system that share a similar name with the candidate you wish to delete.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Admin Center > Delete Candidate.
- Enter candidate's name in the search field.
- List of candidates with similar names appear in the drop-down but the exact candidate you are looking for does not populate.
As of now, there is only one way to search candidates on the delete candidate feature and it is using the candidate first name.
An enhancement request has been submitted to allow recruiting users to search the Delete Candidate tool using Candidate ID and Email address as they are unique and will avoid this issue occurring.
Please provide RCM-35742 to your Customer Success Partner (CSP) and they can track the progress on this enhancement for you.
Until that enhancement request has been fulfilled, there are a few possible workarounds:
- Configure Anonymization and let the candidate be anonymized after a period of inactivity. Please see the KBAs attached below:
- Manually decline the Candidate's DPCS statement. Found in Admin Center > Set DPCS Statement Status
- Change the Candidate's First and/or Last Name to something arbitrary like "Mary ToBeDeleted" and then search that name in the Delete Candidate Tool
- Reach out to the candidate and request they delete their own profile on the External Careers Site.
2166333 - How To Set Up Anonymization - Recruiting Management
candidate, delete, purge, anonymization, DPCS, statement, decline, careers, site, search, tool, SAP, SuccessFactors, Recruiting, , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , Problem