You have a Purchase Order (PO) ABC under status Completely Delivered & Invoiced.
After creating a Return to Supplier, you can see that now the statuses are now Not Delivered/ Not Invoiced.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Work Center Purchase Requests and Orders.
- New Return to Supplier.
- Find and select the PO ABC and click Next.
- As a Follow Up Decision, you select "Credit Memo" and release the new Return to Supplier (RTS) XYZ.
At this stage the PO ABC Invoicing status will become "Partially Invoice"; the Delivery status will remain "Completely Delivered" as per the SAP Documentation below:
"Create a New Return to Supplier"
- You now go to work center Outbound Logistic.
- Delivery Control view.
- Use filter "Return to Supplier Proposals".
- Search the RTS XYZ.
- Click Post Goods Issue: the Outbound Delivery is now created.
- The PO Delivery Status changed to Not Delivered
- Select the Work Center Supplier invoicing.
- Invoice Entry view.
- Use the filter "All return to be invoiced".
- Select your RTS XYZ and click New Credit Memo.
- Post the Credit Memo.
- The PO Delivery status is now Not Delivered; the PO Invoicing status = Not Invoiced.
This is the expecting system behaviour.
Once the Credit Memo is posted, you have to decide if the PO should still be used.
If not, do as per below:
- Work Center Purchase Requests and Orders
- Purchase Orders view
- Search the PO ABC
- Select Finish > Delivery & Finish > Invoice
After this, the PO Delivery status will become Completely Delivered & the PO Invoicing Status will become Invoiced.
Purchase Order; Return to Supplier; Credit Memo; Delivery status; Invoicing Status , KBA , AP-RTS , Return To Supplier , How To