- You create an expense, such as supplier invoice XYZ got a quantity of 2 ea (XYZ represents the supplier invoice ID), for project CPSOABC of type Customer Project with Sales Integration (CPSOABC represents the project ID).
- You only want to make the invoice partially available for invoicing and therefore mark the remaining quantity, for example, 1 ea, as deferred.
- After you create a project invoice request for the available quantity, 1 ea, you notice that the previously deferred quantity now appears as available for invoicing.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Project Management work center go to the Not Invoiced Time and Expense view.
- Find project CPSOABC and press Edit Time and Expenses.
- Select supplier invoice XYZ with Quantity Available to Be Invoiced 2 ea.
- Navigate to the Quantity And Expense Details sub-tab.
- Change the Quantity to Be Invoiced to 1 ea. Automatically, the remaining quantity, 1 ea, appears as Quantity to Be Deferred.
- Press Save and Close.
- Now create a new project invoice request for project CPSOABC for the partial quantity of supplier invoice XYZ.
- Release the project invoice request.
- Go back to the Not Invoiced Time and Expenses view and access the Edit Time and Expenses screen.
- You notice that the remaining, previously deferred quantity of supplier invoice XYZ now appears as Quantity to Be Invoiced.
After a project expense is partially invoiced and partially deferred, it is expected that the previously deferred quantity/amount will be added to the next project invoice request. Therefore, the deferred quantity/amount becomes available for invoicing after the project invoice request got released.
This is expected system behaviour.
If an expense must not be invoiced to the customer mark the remaining expense as Blocked For Invoicing rather than marking it as Deferred as the deferred expense will become available for invoicing after the next project invoice request:
- In the Edit Time and Expenses screen find the expense that is not to be invoiced.
- Find the Blocked for Invoicing collumn and set the indicator.
- Once the expense shall be invoiced and is to be realised as cost of sales remove the indicator again.
deferred project expense, quantity to be invoiced , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , Problem
SAP Business ByDesign all versions