Customer reference field is appearing blank in a billing document.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manage Billing Documents app
- Add Customer Reference as a default filter/column
- Search for the Customer Reference that was used on the related Sales Order.
- Fields are showing as blank for everything except Return for Credit Invoice types.
Whether the field Customer Reference in CDS view I_BILLINGDOCUMENT is filled or not depends on the copy control settings.
When field Reference number in copy control is 'A', the field Customer Reference is filled from sales order customer reference.
- Go to app "Manage Your Solution".
- Choose "Configure Your Solution".
- Search for SSCUI ID 500332.
- Choose the configuration step which is relevant for the billing document type and source document type, eg. step "Define Copying Control for Sales Document to Billing Document" (SSCUI ID 102762) or step "Define Copying Control for Delivery Document to Billing Document" (SSCUI ID 102763).
- Choose the billing document type and sales document type.
- Check details of header.
- Check how the field "Reference Number" is filled.
The configuration changed will only affect new billing documents.
billing document, Manage Billing Documents, VF03, 500332, 102763, 102762, Reference Number, copy control , KBA , SD-BIL-IV , Processing Billing Documents , Problem