- An dynamic deep link (e.g. link to a position on the position org chart) has been added as a token based parameter to a custom workflow UI.
- When the workflow is triggered and sent for approval, the URL remains static and does not redirect to the desired page after being clicked on in view mode.
- The URL will only work, after the user has opted to “Update” the workflow.
- The problem exists when the below conditions are in place.
- The URL is token based.
- The Workflow page is in view mode rather than edit (update) mode.
- In addition, in “Manage Data”, this issue is not being experienced.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Trigger a workflow with a dynamic deep link.
- Proxy as a workflow approver.
- Click on the deep link while the workflow is in view mode.
- The deep link does not work and does not redirect to the desired page.
- Hit “Update”, sending the workflow into “edit mode”.
- The deep link can be used successfully.
Expected behavior as per current system configuration.
- Engineering have analyzed the issue and have confirmed that per current system configuration, this is indeed expected behavior.
- Therefore, this issue has been scheduled to be resolved in the upcoming 2H 2022 release. Please follow this KB article for further updates.
- A this time to be able to click on the link, the workflow will need to be in "edit" mode, by clicking on the "Update" button.
Sf, SuccessFactors, workflow, custom workflow, dynamic deep link, deep link, URL, view, update, edit, manage data, token-based, direct, custom object, UI, 2H 2022. , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-WFL , Custom Object based Workflows , Problem