- You are using the Agent Desktop Add-On in C4C
- The Agent Desktop/Service Agent Console is configured to handle calls via Widget Integration
- When a call is accepted, it is expected that the call would be captured to both the Customer Hub Timeline and in C4C Activities
- Occasionally, the error "Failed to create interaction, please contact your administrator in Agent desktop" would appear
- No phone interaction is created in the Customer Hub Timeline
- No phone interaction is created in the Activities -> Phone Calls either
Image/Data is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Cloud for Service
- SAP Cloud for Sales
Reproducing the Issue
- Receive a phone call in C4C
- Accept the call
- Customer Hub window opens while in the Agent Desktop
Potentially bad payload
- Typically such cases are caused by incorrect or invalid phone number passed by the CTI via the payload
- Ensure that the CTI passes the correct payload per "Phone Events and Payload"
- Pay special attention to the ANI (Automatic Number Identification) parameter.
- ANI cannot contain extra data
- Typically must be in Canonical format
- Tip: you can identify the payload testing in Chrome (Dev tools) and looking under the Network tab and filter by "phoneCalls"
- Before reproducing the issue, launch Chrome Dev Tool (Ctrl+SHIFT+I)
- Click the Network tab and enter "phoneCalls" in the filter
- Then scroll down to find the call and check the payload, preview and the response
Error, Interaction, Customer Hub, Activity, AD, Agent Desktop , KBA , LOD-CRM-LA , Live Activity , Problem