- You are running financials reports filtering for a particular Cash Location.
- Typically such reports would be Cash Reconciliation, Payment List for Reconciliation or Journal. A cash location can be of type Bank Account ID, Petty Cash and Check Storage.
- When selecting a specific Cash Location (for example a Bank Account ID) the report will produce a message:"No report data available to display; check the selection."
- This message is shown although relevant transactions do exist for a Cash Location.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Example: Cash Reconciliation report:
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Reports view.
- Choose for example the Cash Reconciliation report.
- Provide requisite attributes, such as Company (XYZ), Set of Books, Key Date (XYZ represents the company ID)
- In the Bank Account / Petty Cash ID field provide bank account ID ABC(XYZ) (ABC represents the bank account ID).
- Press Apply.
A message "No report data available to display; check the selection" appears.
The same behaviour can be observed in reports, such as Payment List for Reconciliation or Journal.
Multiple Cash Locations share the same ID.
That means, that in such a scenario bank account as well as petty cash or check storage have been attributed the same ID ABC(XYZ) for company XYZ.
It is possible to add the Cash Location Type in concerned reports as additional selection criteria.
With identical IDs for several Cash Location Types, however, it is not feasible to discern the specific Cash Location (bank account ID, petty cash ID or and check storage ID) in the analytics framework.
In general, we advice to adopt as best practice to attribute cash locations with a truly unique ID.
In case you do operate with identical IDs for several cash locations you may filter for general identifier, such as Bank ID. The result list will comprise of all relevant cash locations.
The Filter Cell Value function will facilitate the result display for a specfic cash location only (e.g. bank account ID ABC(XYZ)).
Cash Location, Cash Reconciliation, Bank Account ID, Petty Cash, Check Storage , KBA , SRD-FIN-ANA-PAY , Payment Management (Reporting) , Problem