What is the behavior of permissions when a Country/Region Specific field is configured in the global/standard jobInfo element?
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- You have some fields configured in the Country/Region-Specific Job Information, for example the Pay Scale Fields. However, these fields are not configured in the general jobInfo.
- Add these fields to the global jobInfo and enable them.
- Check the permission role on Manage Permission Roles to see the changes.
For all fields in jobInfo, the permissions are defined in the section "Employee Central Effective Dated Entities" within the Permission Role.
When the fields are Country/Region-Specific, these permissions are defined with the initials from the Country in front of the field name.
- For example: the field "Pay Scale Level" configured in the country-specific element jobInfo_USA will be displayed in the permission role as "USA - Pay Scale Level"
When we define these fields in the global jobInfo and enable them, the country/region-specific permissions will no longer be displayed in the permission role. Instead, the permission for the field will be displayed directly. In this case, the permission would take only the field name, for example "Pay Scale Level".
- Country-Specific Fields in BCUI | SAP Help Portal
- Employee Central Effective-Dated Entities | SAP Help Portal
KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RBP , Roles & Permissions (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC-BCI , Manage Business Configuration (BCUI) & Data Models (XML) , How To