You have created multiple child Logistics Areas from a reference Logistics Area, but the new Logistics Areas did not inherit the data from the template. Now you are trying to delete all Logistics Areas that have the Status 'In Preparation', but this is not possible.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Supply Chain Design Master Data work center.
- Go to the Locations view.
- Find and select the relevant Site ID.
- Click Edit Layout.
- Find and select the relevant Logistics Area below which you want to create the child Logistics Areas.
- Click Add Multiple Logistics Areas.
- Fill out the new window (i.e.: select the Logistics Area Pattern ID, enter the From Logistics Area ID and To Logistics Area ID and select also the Reference Logistics Area ID).
- Click Ok.
- The system creates the Logistics Areas, but you find that many of the Logistics Areas did not inherit the data of the referenced Logistics.
- Now you would like to delete all the Logistics Areas In Preparation, but you can only delete a single entry with the function 'Delete Logistics Area'.
Logistics Areas list is a hierarchical list – not a normal list - and multi selection is not enabled for hierarchical lists. This is a limitation which can also be verified with other screens such as Post Goods Issue / Post Goods Receipt or even the Purchase Order OIF screen.
The only solution is to delete the Logistics Areas individually using the 'Delete Logistics Area' function.
Since this is a limitation, we would also recommend that you create an enhancement request through the influence portal: SAP Business ByDesign - https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/campaign/886.
Delete Multiple Logistics Areas, Hierarchical List, Hierarchy, List , KBA , AP-LAS , Logistics Area and Storage Management , Problem