When creating a workflow rule calculation while logged in with any language other than English, you run into errors. When you create the same calculation with English login, there is no issue.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
The reproduction can vary strongly, however, an example below:
- Login to the system with any language that is not English
- Go to the Administration work centre
- Go to the Workflow Rules view
- Create New
- Maintain: any description, the relevant BO (note: formulas are not available for all BOs), any timing (as per your needs)
- Enter any conditions as required (as per your needs)
- In step 3 'Define Actions', select: Field Update
- Click 'Add' and select the relevant field as needed (note: formulas are not available on all fields, select for example an amount field, or a date, or date/time field)
- For 'Update Type', select: Formula
- Add any formula
- When you click 'Ok', or 'Syntax Check' you receive a syntax error.
- Repeat the same steps (with the same formula) with English logon: no issue.
This is a known limitation: the Formula evaluation doe not work for non-EN languages.
When creating workflow rule formulas, always logon with English.
There is currently a new feature request pending asking to change this behaviour. If you would like to vote, please check request ID: 291771, or go to the link: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/291771
- KBA 2996469 - Workflow Rule Formula Does Not Work
- KBA 3049757 - Formula Not Working in Workflow Rule
- KBA 2817897 - Basic Guidelines While Using Formula Editor in Workflow
- Help Portal: Configure Field Updates using Workflow Rules
Formula, calculation, syntax error, Spanish, , KBA , LOD-CRM-WKF , Workflow , Product Enhancement