You have created a custom template for Customer Invoice which you added form view for project data service (frmProjectDataService) and expense (frmProjectDataExpense) part.
While previewing the invoice, the service/expense part form view is not shown, and the data is not presented in the form XML.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Select invoice ABC, they contain service item for example. (ABC represents the ID of the customer invoice)
- In Output history, open the PDF, the project data service part is not shown.
- Open the XML, the relevant XML with <FormCustomerProjectInvoiceServiceView> is not available.
In order to show services and other expenses in the preview it is necessary to know how they should be grouped (for example by product and then by employee for each product etc.).
However in your system "Grouping of Project Time and Expense Details in Customer Invoice Form" is not scoped.
Scope the question "Grouping of Project Time and Expense Details in Customer Invoice Form", the service/expense data is then available for the customer invoice form.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the active project and click Edit Project Scope.
- Go to step 4 - Questions, you are able to find the question in Sales - Customer Invoicing -> Communication for Customer Invoicing - Group: Invoice Forms.
- Scope the qestuion 'Do you want to include project time and expense details in the customer invoice form?'.
- Finish the edition.
Customer Invoice Form; Grouping of Project Time and Expense Details in Customer Invoice Form; Project Invoicing; Service; Expense , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem