How to configurate Automatic Variance Adjustment（with posting rule SA001）
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
1. You need to have a suitable reason code in configuration 103243 Maintain Reason Codes, which should contain a standard ABAP class CL_ICA_DC_FIN_DOCUMENT_POST. For more information, please check Automatic Variance Adjustment .
2. You also need to define automatic posting rules in app Define Posting Rule, which should be created based on posting scenario SA001 (Adjustment Postings for Accounting) .
Then you should assign them(posting rule and reason code) to a matching method in configuration 103658 Assign Posting Rules . For more information, see Define and Assign Posting Rules.
- For the matching method, if you choose a combined Data Sources (ACDOCU&ACDOCA), you need to use subpage Assignment to Consolidation Unit for further configuration on units and posting rule. Specify which unit and partner unit come from S/4 HANA Cloud system because only these units which are not from external system can post variance adjustment in this way.
- If you cannot classify which consolidation unit and partner unit come from S/4 HANA Cloud system(FI side), you can also assign posting rule and reason code to matching method directly. But you need to make sure the matching method(data source) does not contain consolidation Journal Entry View (ACDOCU).
3. Finally you can handle these documents in app Manage Assignments and you can also check adjustment log after posting. For more information, please check Adjustment Posting Example.
1. Automatic Variance Adjustment
2. Define automatic posting rules and assign them to a matching method
3. KBA 3260527 - How to configurate Interunit Elimination with ICMR Posting Rules(SC001)
Define posting rule, SA001, Variance Adjustment, Data source, Reason code , KBA , FIN-CS-ICR , S/4HANA Intercompany Matching and Reconciliation , How To