- SAP Fiori Launchpad is slow to load.
- Slow initial load of SAP Fiori Launchpad.
- Navigating to applications is sluggish.
- HTTP timeouts when loading or navigating on SAP Fiori Launchpad.
- There are a large number of tiles to load on the SAP Fiori Launchpad. Development recommends less than 100 target mappings in any catalog.
- The sequence of actions or requests to load SAP Fiori Launchpad are synchronous. More tiles, applications, catalogs and groups directly translate to more time for the webpage to load. In the network trace of the browser the "PageSet" request - responsible for fetching the tiles - will take a longer time to process for more number of tiles.
- SAP Fiori Launchpad performance is heavily reliant on caching. If there are no changes on the server side of things, PFCG roles or in the number of tiles / catalogs / groups, performance improves with each time SAP Fiori Launchpad is loaded.
- Server-side changes might require cache invalidation, and this will affect performance. Another reason to not invalidate caches unnecessarily.
- Network or server-side bottlenecks.
1. Re-explore role and user assignments so that number of users affected are minimized. After all, it is not usual for a large number of users to use a large number of tiles / applications on their SAP Fiori Launchpad.
Trying not to assign the same catalogue several times, redifining the business roles(more granularity), including more roles with less business catalogues,...
The Maintain Business Roles app download functionality might help to analyze the business catalogues repetitions, in the same app there is a column "Business Catalog Assignment Count".
2. If you do not use SAP Fiori Launchpad Pages and Spaces, please, consider setting "one group at a time".
> Managing Your Settings > Home Page > Show one group at a time: Behaves like a tab bar; choosing a group displays the content assigned to the group.
For large amounts of apps, showing one group at a time may be better.
3. Check the possibility to use SAP Fiori Launchpad Pages and Spaces.
> Spaces and Pages
> Managing SAP Fiori Launchpad Spaces and Pages
Fiori Launchpad Performance, FLP, Launchpad, Performance, Tiles, time out, initial load , KBA , CA-FLP-ABA , SAP Fiori Launchpad ABAP Services , Problem