- High memory usage in procedure cache memory pool.
- Jobs stuck in compiling state.
- Tool optdiag statistics output shows very large number of histogram steps for various columns of table(s) referenced by related query.
- Configurable parameter 'number of histogram steps' or 'histogram tuning factor' is much higher than default value (20).
- Update statistics scripts have option 'using high_step values' to request high column step count.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
number of histogram steps, histogram tuning factor, error 701, set statistics resource on, Compiling, memory , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.