This is a collection of useful Knowledge Base Articles and information related to Compensation Information.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Reproducing the Issue
COMPENSATION INFORMATION COMPONENTS:
Compensation Information – Recurring Payments (LOD-SF-EC-CMP-REC)
All issues relating to payComponentRecurring HRIS-Element
Compensation Information – Spot Bonus & Non-Recurring Payments (LOD-SF-EC-CMP- NRE)
All issues relating to payComponentNonRecurring HRIS-Element
Compensation Information – Pay Scale Structure, Increase & grade step progression (LOD-SF-EC-CMP-PSC)
- Pay Scale Structre Issues
- Pay Scale Increase (Mange Pay Increase/ Adjust Employee’s Compensation to Tariff Changes)
- Grade Step Progression (Off Cycle Event Batch)
Compensation Information – PCG’s & Compa/Range (Pay Ranging) + Charts (LOD-SF-EC-CMP-CAL)
- Pay Component Groups
- Compa Ratio
- Range Penetration
- Pay Range Derivation
- Compensation Widgets
- Exchange Rates
Compensation Information – History or MSS UI + Workflow “In-flight updates” (LOD-SF-EC-CMP-UI)
- History UI display issues
- MSS UI display issues
- Workflow "In-flight updates" display issues
Compensation Information – Business Rules (LOD-SF-EC-CMP-RUL)
Issues with Business Rules Triggered on Comp Info
Compensation Information – Forward Propagation (LOD-SF-EC-CMP-FOR)
Forward propagation Issues
Compensation Information – Events, Derivation (LOD-SF-EC-CMP-EVN)
Event Reason Derivation issues
Compensation Information – Alternate Cost Distribution (LOD-SF-EC-CMP-ACD)
All issues relating to Alternate Cost Distribution feature
Compensation Information – Compensation Information Role-Based Permissions (LOD-SF-EC-CMP-RBP)
Role Based Permissions Cases for the Compensation information and History UIs including field level permissions.
- Best Practices
- Display Logic and Troubleshooting
- Common Issues
Some features need to be enabled in Provisioning to enable Compensation, the permissions need to be correctly granted and the required fields need to be enabled in the Data Models. To know which fields are these, please check the Implementation Guide:
- Implementing Employee Compensation Data - Prerequisites for Pay Components
To know which fields must be enabled for the HRIS Elements compInfo, payComponentRecurring and payComponentNonRecurring, please check the Implementation Guide:
- SAP SuccessFactors Data Model Reference Guide – Mandatory HRIS Fields for HRIS Elements
Pay components are Foundation Objects required while using Compensation. To know more about the functionality of the fields in the Pay Components and how to create them, please check:
The compensation information can be updated at the same time for many users through Import Employee Data. However, it is not possible to import compensation and pay components in a single file. To correctly import the data in the whole compensation information portlet, it is required to make two imports, one for each entity: Compensation Information and Pay Component Recurring.
Note: it is not required to import a new compensation record in case there is already a record with the effective date of the pay component recurring import. In this case, if only the pay components need to be updated in an existing compensation record, only one import can be done.
- Additionally, non-recurring pay components can also be imported:
- Pay Scale Structure | SAP Help Portal
- Tariff Change Effects on Employee Compensation (Pay Scale Increase) | SAP Help Portal - changes made through the tool “Adjust Employees’ Compensation to Tariff Changes”.
- Grade Step Progression | SAP Help Portal
Examples of business rules:
DISPLAY LOGIC AND TROUBLESHOOTING
The compensation portlet is divided into some sections: the first one shows the Pay Component Groups available for the employees, based on the existing pay components. All the Pay Component Groups configured to be displayed in the profile will appear in this portlet if they include the pay components assigned to the user.
After the Pay Component Groups, we can see the regular compensation fields configured in compInfo element under Manage Business Configuration. On this section we have the fields automatically calculated, like the Compa Ratio and Range Penetration, and the regular standard and custom fields.
The section corresponding to the Pay Component Recurring element is also displayed in the Compensation portlet, and it is divided into two parts: for regular pay components and for target/deductions pay components.
When the Currency and Frequency fields are not mandatory and are not defined during the change, they will be defaulted on as the values configured in the Pay Components.
It is also possible to configure Compensation Widgets in the portlet, as explained in the KBAs:
- 2683241 - Compensation Information Widgets – Total Compensation Information & Salary vs Team
- 2840357 - Compensation Widgets : Sal vs Team, Total Compensation History are not visible on the portlet
All the fields and elements related to the compensation are configured under:
- Manage Business Configuration: all custom and standard fields are configured under the compInfo, payComponentRecurring and payComponentNonRecurring elements. The compInfo fields can also be configured as Country/Region-specific. On BCUI we can configure the characteristics of the fields displayed, like the label, the translations, the type or if they are mandatory or not.
- Please check the Data Object Tables Implementation Guide to see the defaulted configuration of the fields: Compensation Information | SAP Help Portal
- Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures: all Foundation Objects like Pay Components and Pay Range are configured on this feature.
- Manage Data: Pay Groups are defined here.
Imports and Forward propagation:
- To correct any kind of data issues in the Compensation portlet, it is possible to use imports in Full Purge Mode. These imports will overwrite all the existing compensation information, that will be replaced by the information in the import file.
- While using the Incremental Load in Compensation Imports, the forward propagation works differently depending on the action taken.
- How the Forward Propagation works for Pay Components: 3057168 - Forward propagation Pay Component Recurring
- Forward Propagation in Employee Central Compensation Information - SAP Help Portal
- When there is a custom Compensation Information field calculated based on the Pay Component value, it is required to follow a special process for all values to be calculated accordingly during imports: 2881897 - Custom Calculated Field in Compensation Information not Updated on Import
- Some issues can happen due to rules configured to set the visibility of fields. 2645949 - Calculated Field Displays Incorrectly in History
Rounding of fields, pay component groups and change in existing pay components:
- Non-recurring pay components are not available for Pay Component Groups: 2603513 - Non-Recurring Pay Component is not Showing in Pay Component Group
- It is not possible to change pay components in use: 2562299 - Foundation Objects: An application Error has occurred when trying to edit/change the Base Pay Component Group of a Pay Component
- 2091597 - Managing Pay Component Groups - Employee Central
Reports and PayComponent Group Sums Sync Job:
- 2336732 - Pay Component Groups or Annualized Salary Missing Data in Ad Hoc Reports
- 3120955 - Compensation Info fields are showing blank data in advanced report
- 2163096 - Unable to see the Pay Components in "Pay Target" section of Compensation
- 3042994 - Pay Component Not Showing in Portlet despite giving permissions
- 2136061 - Determining Which Pay Range is Used in Compa-Ratio and Range Penetration Calculations - EC
- 2224588 - Compa Ratio and/or Range Penetration not calculating, Conversion not setup or FTE is Initial
- 2462693 - Pay Grade Field Appearing in Compensation Info
- 2689530 - "pay-grade" Foundation Object is Showing as String Field Under Compensation Portlet
Pay Component order:
- 2562533 - Pay Component Ordering in the UI (Recurring)
- 2638494 - Pay component groups order under Compensation block
- 2667899 - Sort Order field in Pay Component Group
Recurring or non-recurring:
Compensation Information, Employee Central, Pay Component Recurring, Pay Component Non-recurring, Pay Scales , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Compensation Information & One-Time Bonus , LOD-SF-EC-CMP-RBP , Compensation Information Role-Based Permissions , LOD-SF-EC-CMP-REC , Recurring Payments , LOD-SF-EC-CMP-UI , History or MSS UI , LOD-SF-EC-CMP-CAL , Calculated - Pay Comp Groups, Compa/ Range & Charts , LOD-SF-EC-CMP-PSC , Pay Scales - Obj Structure, Increases & Grade Step , LOD-SF-EC-CMP-NRE , Spot Bonus & Non-Recurring Payments , LOD-SF-EC-CMP-EVN , Events, Derivation & Employee Status , LOD-SF-EC-CMP-FOR , Forward Propagation , LOD-SF-EC-CMP-RUL , Business Rules , LOD-SF-EC-CMP-ACD , Alternate Cost Distribution , How To