By clicking on Add Translations for Name and Description Labels (the button which is the globe in the right of Name and Description labels), it is not possible to edit the label of the same language as the instance is configured.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures
Name and Description is designed to be edited in the configuration of the Foundation Object.
- Name and Description fields can be edited by clicking on “Take Action” > “Make a Correction (as image below). This fields is supposed to be filled with the language set as instance’s default as it will be shown on “Translations” under Foundation Object configuration. For example, if the instance’s language set as default is English US, by clicking on “Add Translations for Name Label”, English US language will not be editable.
- In order to edit Name and Description information which is the same as the language set as default, it must be done clicking on “Take Action” > “Make a Correction under Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures.
- In order to edit Name and Description to a language which is not the one set by default, it must be done by clicking on "Take Action" > "Make a Correction" > "Add Translations for Name Label" under Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures.
Please note: the language in which your instance is set will not have the translation field available for editing. For example, if your instance is set in English you will not be able to edit the english translation field.
Foundation Object, Foundation Object Translations, Name of Foundation Object, Description of Foundation Object , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-FOO , Foundation Objects (Organisation, Pay and Job Structures) , How To